Saturday, May 5, 2007

Metallic Cords Around My Head


Cords.
They hiss and writhe around your torso
Metallic Medusa.
Warm eyeballs that freeze into directionless titanium ball bearings
Flesh that becomes cold plastic.
Diaphanous blood that now throbs through your body.

I watch silently as the transformation takes place.
Not thoughtlessly, nor painlessly.

Your body remains rigid while something in you
collapses
and dissolves - I can see it in your glazed visage.
Like a machine.
Little red lights and circuits that shut down at regular intervals;
You die a thousand deaths, whirring to a stop.
And I anticipate the silence that follows.

Part of me watches helplessly
As one would watch the disintegration of a massive glacier
Falling impossibly, slowly, majestically.

I wonder too about the ghost in your aluminium shell.

No comments: