Monday, August 13, 2007

Blood House


I've long had this idea of doing an ongoing comic strip, making use of 3D software to actually model out the scenes and places that the characters will be in. Once these iconic places are actually modelled out, I just have to move objects and place the camera as if with a dollhouse, basically capturing the scenes as I go along.
Of course what would be interesting is the design and feel of these environments. This is Blood House, possibly the dwelling of a predatory seafaring character; a location that eventually culminates in some form of hurt or murder. The idea is to have the lowering tide change the look of the house from inviting to intimidating.
The sad and weird thing is, I feel more excited about this 20-min architectural creation than my entire Year 3's work. I guess the disillusionment of the architectural profession is really setting in.

No comments: