Thursday, February 8, 2007

The Quest of Ears

I have 2 really really bad tendencies which kind of screw up many many things in life.

1: I tend to have inertia in getting something started because I'm stuck or lazy. (like NOW)
2: I get something started really well, then I give up halfway or get lazy again.

This thing I'm showing here falls into the latter category. It's a vision that I had of starting a comic strip of a roguish guy with Big Ears who has some great task to do that ultimately causes accidental harm to people and creatures he comes across. Here is the very 1st panel and the only panel that I did after a gave up, realising the sheer amount of work that goes into this shit.

The setting is very fantasy-like, and the 1st scene would be a desert town run by red piggish things. Notice the details like the "egg-plant", the strange way of writing (in varying sizes of circles on a line) and stuff.



No comments: